Talent Development: A Strategic Business Partner
As many industries are developing rapidly and companies are facing tremendous changes, how can the learning and development function be prepared to help organizations grow and adapt? If a business department makes a request for performance improvement, and training is not the best solution, how can learning and development best support them? When business departments and leaders still think of learning and development as a function that provides classroom training, how can L&D build its credibility and change its role from “order taker” to “business partner”?
As indicated by ATD’s report Global Trends in Talent Development, finding out how to link talent development with corporate performance is not only the most pressing topic in the talent development field, it is also critical to improving the strategic position of learning and talent development. According to ATD's 2018 research report on organizational performance improvement, more than 86 percent of respondents believe that the learning and development department should be the main responsible party and main participant of the organization in performance improvement, or at least should participate in performance improvement projects.
On October 24-25, 2019, in Shanghai, China, the 8th ATD China Summit will bring together outstanding learning professionals from home and abroad to discuss strategies, tools, and methods for enhancing the strategic position of talent development. The ATD China Summit is the leading international talent development event in China. With rich experiences and resources in China as well as ATD Global, we will select and invite domestic and foreign enterprises and industry experts to share their best practices and case studies. This summit is a well-designed conference that emphasizes the interaction and knowledge transfer between speakers and attendees to create a high-quality learning experience for participants.
Venue: Renaissance Shanghai Zhongshan Park Hotel
1018 Changning Rd, Changning, Shanghai, China
• Understand the latest developments in the industry.
• Get face-to-face interaction with pioneering professionals in the industry.
• Learn outstanding cases and tips from ATD award-winning companies at home and abroad.
• Expand your network and connect with other talent development professionals.
• Build trust of L&D among business departments.
• Enhance L&D’s ability to interact business strategy.
• Improve L&D’s ability to provide high-quality solutions.
• Apply new learning techniques to improve the efficiency of L&D.
• Establish and improve corporate universities and L&D functions that are closely aligned with corporate strategic objectives.